Senior Living in 04096 (Yarmouth, ME)
- 04096 scores the same as the Yarmouth, ME average of 75.
- 04096 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04096 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Bay Square at Yarmouth, Coastal Manor, and Brentwood Center For Health and Rehabilitation.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Val Halla Golf & Recreation Center, Freeport Country Club, and Great Chebeague Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Desert of Maine, Wolfe\'s Neck Woods State Park, and Wolfe\'s Neck Farm.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church-Yarmouth, Sacred Heart, and St Bartholomew\'s Episcopal Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $112,776, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,472, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,368, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.11%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04096 has an average population density of 625.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.21%.