Senior Living in 04102 (Portland, ME)
- 04102 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the highest of any zip code in Portland, ME.
- 04102 scores higher than the Portland, ME average of 67.
- 04102 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04102 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Maine Medical Center, New England Rehab Hospital, and Spring Harbor Hospital.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Granite Bay Care Exe, Barron Center, and Gary\'s House.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 181 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Sable Oaks Golf Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Riverside Municipal Golf Club, and Westerly Winds Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Fore River Sanctuary, Baxter Woods, and Western Promenade.
- There are 81 churches nearby, including Second Parish Orthodox Church, Stroudwater Christian Church, and St Patrick\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,253, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,728, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,681, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.32%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04102 has a dense population density of 2,930.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.57%.