Senior Living in 04103 (Portland, ME)
- 04103 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the highest of any zip code in Portland, ME.
- 04103 scores higher than the Portland, ME average of 67.
- 04103 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04103 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Maine Medical Center, New England Rehab Hospital, and Mercy Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including St Joseph\'s Rehabilitation and Residence, Fallbrook Woods, and The Woods at Canco.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 173 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Eighteen Hole Course at Riverside Municipal Golf Club, Westerly Winds Golf Course, and Twin Falls Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Baxter Woods, Edward Payson Park, and Fore River Sanctuary.
- There are 77 churches nearby, including Central Square Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Grace Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,145, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,575, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,881, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.82%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04103 has a dense population density of 2,998.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.83%.