Senior Living in 04106 (South Portland, ME)
- 04106 scores the same as the South Portland, ME average of 73.
- 04106 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04106 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Spring Harbor Hospital, Maine Medical Center, and New England Rehab Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including South Portland Nursing Home, Inc., Hillcrest Retirement Community, and Seventy-five State Street.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 166 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Sable Oaks Golf Club, Purpoodock Club, and Spring Meadows Golf Course at Cole Farms.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Western Promenade, Neal Dow Memorial, and Deering Oaks Park.
- There are 74 churches nearby, including Holy Cross Church, Congregation Bet Ha\'AM, and Church of the Nazarene.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,178, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,940, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,757, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.06%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04106 has a dense population density of 2,061.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.62%.