Senior Living in 04108 (Peaks Island, ME)
- 04108 scores the same as the Peaks Island, ME average of 87.
- 04108 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04108 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Hospital, Spring Harbor Hospital, and Maine Medical Center.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including One Willow Manor, Betsy Ross House, and Inn at Village Square.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 167 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Sable Oaks Golf Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Riverside Municipal Golf Club, and Spring Meadows Golf Course at Cole Farms.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Eastern Promenade, Neal Dow Memorial, and Maine Audubon.
- There are 76 churches nearby, including Brackett Memorial Untd Mthdst, Sacred Heart, and St Luke\'s Cathedral.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,568, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,089, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $46,980, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.86%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04108 has an average population density of 723.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.64%.