Senior Living in 04210 (Auburn, ME)
- 04210 scores the same as the Auburn, ME average of 66.
- 04210 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04210 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Central Maine Medical Center and St Marys Regional Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Clover Health Care, Odd Fellows and Rebekahs\' Home of Maine, and Pinecrest Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Fox Ridge Golf Club, Martindale Country Club, and Prospect Hill Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Range Ponds State Park, Poland Spring Campground, and Beaver Park.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including St Philip\'s Catholic Church, Court Street Baptist Church, and East Auburn Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,622, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,979, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,279, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,375 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,080 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.39%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04210 has a sparse population density of 388.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.37%.