Senior Living in 04222 (Durham, ME)
- 04222 scores the same as the Durham, ME average of 79.
- 04222 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04222 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Mid Coast Hospital, Parkview Hospital, and Central Maine Medical Center.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Marshwood Center, Lamp Alzheimers Residential Care, and Freeport Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 110 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Freeport Country Club, Naval Air Station Brunswick Golf Course, and Brunswick Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Freeport / Durham KOA, Blueberry Pond Campground, and Beaver Park.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including Open Door Bible Church, Church of Living Word, and Lisbon Falls Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,208, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,741, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,546, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,375 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,080 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.64%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04222 has a sparse population density of 100.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.06%.