Senior Living in 04226 (East Andover, ME)
- 04226 scores the same as the East Andover, ME average of 68.
- 04226 scores the same as the Maine average of 68.
- 04226 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Rumford Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Rumford Community Home).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (44% of the total population).
- There are 6 golf courses nearby, including Oakdale Country Club, Bethel Inn & Country Club, and Mingo Springs Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Grafton Notch State Park and South Arm Campground).
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Praise Assembly of God, Black Mountain of Maine, and Baptist Church Rumford.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $41,703, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,563, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,759, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04226 has a very sparse population density of 17.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.08%.