Senior Living in 04238 (Hebron, ME)
- 04238 scores the same as the Hebron, ME average of 75.
- 04238 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04238 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Stephens Memorial Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Paris Hill Apartments, Market Square Health Care Center, and Park View Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Paris Hill Country Club, Turner Highlands Country Club, and Prospect Hill Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Oxford Plains Speedway, Two Lakes Camping Area, and Poland Spring Campground.
- There are 40 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church of Paris, Church of Christ, and First Congregational Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,567, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,500, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,748, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.73%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04238 has a very sparse population density of 63.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.55%.