Senior Living in 04239 (Jay, ME)
- 04239 scores the same as the Jay, ME average of 66.
- 04239 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04239 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Franklin Memorial Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Sandy River Center, Victorian Villa Rehabilitation and Living Center, and Village View Apartments.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Sandy River Golf Course, Springbrook Golf Club, and Oakdale Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Where the Heck R We Campground)..
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Jay Baptist Church, Jay Seventh-day Adventist Chr, and St Rose of Lima Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.70% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,183, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,480, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,789, which is in the top 71% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.68%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04239 has a sparse population density of 100.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.45%.