Senior Living in 04255 (Greenwood, ME)
- 04255 scores the same as the Greenwood, ME average of 66.
- 04255 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04255 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Stephens Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Park Street Home, Mountain View Apartments, and Ledgeview Living Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Bethel Inn & Country Club, Norway Country Club, and Paris Hill Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Littlefield Beaches Campground, Papoose Pond Resort & Campground, and Allium Farm.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Bryant Pond Baptist Church, Abiding Divine, and Our Lady of Snows.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,296, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,250, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,763, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.00%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04255 has a very sparse population density of 21.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.57%.