Senior Living in 04257 (Mexico, ME)
- 04257 scores the same as the Mexico, ME average of 58.
- 04257 scores significantly lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04257 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Rumford Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Rumford Community Home and Victorian Villa Rehabilitation and Living Center)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including Oakdale Country Club, Paris Hill Country Club, and Sandy River Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Mountain View Campground, Honey Run Beach & Campgrounds, and Camp Kawanhee.
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Carthage Seventh-day Adventist, and Congregational Church Dixfield.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,234, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,188, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,739, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.71%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04257 has a sparse population density of 114.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.08%.