Senior Living in 04259 (Monmouth, ME)
- 04259 scores the same as the Monmouth, ME average of 69.
- 04259 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04259 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Rehabilitation and Living Center, Winthrop Manor Long Term Care and Rehab Center, and The Meadows.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Meadows Golf Club, The, Springbrook Golf Club, and Augusta Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including The Birches Campground, Beaver Brook Campground, and More To Life Campground.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Packard Activity Center, North Monmouth Community Chr, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,489, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,837, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,827, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.69%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04259 has a sparse population density of 111.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.67%.