Senior Living in 04260 (New Gloucester, ME)
- 04260 scores the same as the New Gloucester, ME average of 67.
- 04260 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04260 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Clover Health Care, Odd Fellows and Rebekahs\' Home of Maine, and Continuum Health Services.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Fairlawn Golf Club, Links at Poland Spring, The, and Summit Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Maine Wildlife Park, Range Ponds State Park, and Bradbury Mountain State Park.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Eastgate Christian Fellowship, New Gloucester Bible Church, and First Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.18% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.20% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,602, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,518, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,370, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.22%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04260 has a sparse population density of 117.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.33%.