Senior Living in 04270 (Oxford, ME)
- 04270 scores the same as the Oxford, ME average of 67.
- 04270 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04270 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Stephens Memorial Hospital, Bridgton Hospital, and Bridgton Hospital.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Oxford Meadow Apartments, Norway Center For Health and Rehabilitation, and Hillside Terrace.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Norway Country Club, Links at Poland Spring, The, and Fairlawn Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Two Lakes Camping Area, Oxford Plains Speedway, and Vacationland Campground.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Oxford Hills Assembly of God, East Otisfield Baptist Church, and Advent Christian Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,633, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,670, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,142, which is in the top 69% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.24%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04270 has a very sparse population density of 74.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.72%.