Senior Living in 04280 (Sabattus, ME)
- 04280 scores the same as the Sabattus, ME average of 71.
- 04280 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04280 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Central Maine Medical Center and St Marys Regional Medical Center).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Sabattus Residental Care, Marshwood Center, and Lamp Alzheimers Residential Care.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 99 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Apple Valley Golf Course, Meadows Golf Club, The, and Prospect Hill Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Beaver Park, The Birches Campground, and Augusta / Gardiner KOA.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including Dominican Sisters, Sabattus Community Baptist, and Our Lady of Rosary Catholic Ch.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,374, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,127, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,860, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,375 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,080 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.17%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04280 has a sparse population density of 155.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.70%.