Senior Living in 04284 (Wayne, ME)
- 04284 scores the same as the Wayne, ME average of 74.
- 04284 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04284 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Rehabilitation and Living Center, Winthrop Manor Long Term Care and Rehab Center, and Spring Rock Park.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Springbrook Golf Club, Augusta Country Club, and Cobbossee Colony Golf.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Riverbend Campground, Beaver Brook Campground, and More To Life Campground.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including Wayne Community Church, Wayne United Methodist Church, and White Kristin Pastor.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,787, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,000, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,771, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.70%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04284 has a very sparse population density of 67.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.54%.