Senior Living in 04285 (Weld, ME)
- 04285 scores the same as the Weld, ME average of 66.
- 04285 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04285 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Franklin Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Rumford Community Home, Edgewood Rehab and Living Center, and Pierce House.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (46% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including Oakdale Country Club, Sandy River Golf Course, and Mingo Springs Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Dummer\'s Beach, Mt. Blue State Campground, and Camp Kawanhee.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Church of Nazarene, Congregational Church Dixfield, and Carthage Seventh-day Adventist.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.70% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,180, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,500, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,034, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.33%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04285 has a very sparse population density of 6.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.35%.