Senior Living in 04330 (Augusta, ME)
- 04330 scores the same as the Augusta, ME average of 66.
- 04330 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04330 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Togus Va Medical Center, Maine General Medical Center, and Augusta Mental Hlth Institute.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Augusta Center for Health and Rehabilitation, St. Mark\'s Home For Women, and MaineGeneral Rehab and Long Term Care - Glenridge.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Western View Golf Club, Arrowhead/Indian Course at Natanis Golf Course, and Cobbossee Colony Golf.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Calumet Playground, Green Valley Campground, and City of Gardiner.
- There are 66 churches nearby, including First Church of Nazarene, Prince of Peace Lutheran, and Church of Christ.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,978, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,634, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,086, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.51%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04330 has a sparse population density of 222.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.68%.