Senior Living in 04347 (Hallowell, ME)
- 04347 scores the same as the Hallowell, ME average of 79.
- 04347 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04347 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Togus Va Medical Center, Maine General Medical Center, and Augusta Mental Hlth Institute.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Hillside Terrace, Cotton Mill Apartments, and Mainegeneral Rehab and Long Term Care - Gray Birch.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Kennebec Heights Country Club, Augusta Country Club, and Cobbossee Colony Golf.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Calumet Playground, Boys & Girls Club of America, and City of Gardiner.
- There are 56 churches nearby, including St Matthew\'s Church, St Matthews Episcopal Church, and Cox Memorial United Methodist.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,255, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,125, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,190, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.43%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04347 has a sparse population density of 401.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.69%.