Senior Living in 04349 (Kents Hill, ME)
- 04349 scores the same as the Kents Hill, ME average of 70.
- 04349 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04349 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Winthrop Manor Long Term Care and Rehab Center, Balsam House, and Heritage Rehabilitation and Living Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Springbrook Golf Club, Belgrade Lakes Golf Club, and Sandy River Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Riverbend Campground, Round Top Trailhead, and Beaver Brook Campground.
- There are 34 churches nearby, including Fayette Baptist Church, Child Evangelism Fellowship of Western Maine, and Church of Nazarene.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,533, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,853, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,652, which is in the top 24% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.59%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04349 has a very sparse population density of 39.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.87%.