Senior Living in 04350 (Litchfield, ME)
- 04350 scores the same as the Litchfield, ME average of 72.
- 04350 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04350 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Arbor Terrace, Heritage Rehabilitation and Living Center, and Maine General Alzheimer\'s Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Meadows Golf Club, The, Kennebec Heights Country Club, and Augusta Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Peacock Beach State Park, Augusta / Gardiner KOA, and The Birches Campground.
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Litchfield Community Christian Church, Litchfield Plains Baptist Chr, and Dominican Sisters.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,847, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,331, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,354, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.65%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04350 has a very sparse population density of 96.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.35%.