Senior Living in 04351 (Manchester, ME)
- 04351 scores the same as the Manchester, ME average of 80.
- 04351 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04351 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Togus Va Medical Center, Maine General Medical Center, and Augusta Mental Hlth Institute.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Balsam House, Mainegeneral Rehab and Long Term Care - Gray Birch, and St. Mark\'s Home For Women.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Cobbossee Colony Golf, Augusta Country Club, and Kennebec Heights Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Calumet Playground, More To Life Campground, and Boys & Girls Club of America.
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Manchester Community Church, Cox Memorial United Methodist, and St Matthews Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,198, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,776, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,524, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.67%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04351 has a sparse population density of 120.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.15%.