Senior Living in 04353 (Whitefield, ME)
- 04353 scores the same as the Whitefield, ME average of 75.
- 04353 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04353 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Togus Va Medical Center, Maine General Medical Center, and Augusta Mental Hlth Institute.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Manor , Jefferson Green, and Maine General Alzheimer\'s Care Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Shore Acres Golf Course at Sebasco Harbor Resort, Western View Golf Club, and Kennebec Heights Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Hidden Valley Nature Center, Wavus Camps, and City of Gardiner.
- There are 101 churches nearby, including St Denis Rectory, Calvary Bible Baptist Church, and Saint Denis Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,545, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,602, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,569, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.24%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04353 has a very sparse population density of 49.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.90%.