Senior Living in 04354 (Palermo, ME)
- 04354 scores the same as the Palermo, ME average of 66.
- 04354 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04354 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Volmer Country Living Center, Country Manor , and Gables Manor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Shore Acres Golf Course at Sebasco Harbor Resort, Arrowhead/Indian Course at Natanis Golf Course, and Pine Ridge Municipal Golf Center.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lake Saint George State Park and Green Valley Campground).
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Palermo Christian Church, South Liberty Baptist Church, and Weeks Mills Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,047, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,156, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,478, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.64%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04354 has a very sparse population density of 37.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.30%.