Senior Living in 04357 (Richmond, ME)
- 04357 scores the same as the Richmond, ME average of 68.
- 04357 scores the same as the Maine average of 68.
- 04357 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Maine General Alzheimer\'s Care Center, Arbor Terrace, and C B Mattson.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Meadows Golf Club, The, Kennebec Heights Country Club, and Augusta Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Augusta / Gardiner KOA, Peacock Beach State Park, and Boys & Girls Club of America.
- There are 45 churches nearby, including First Church of Nazarene, St Ambrose Rectory, and St Ambroses Catholic Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,497, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,140, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,124, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.59%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04357 has a sparse population density of 111.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.64%.