Senior Living in 04358 (South China, ME)
- 04358 scores the same as the South China, ME average of 76.
- 04358 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04358 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Inland Hospital, Mainegeneral Medical Ctr, and Maine General Medical Center.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Volmer Country Living Center, Gables Manor, and Park Residences.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 108 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Arrowhead/Indian Course at Natanis Golf Course, Shore Acres Golf Course at Sebasco Harbor Resort, and Pine Ridge Municipal Golf Center.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Green Valley Campground, Lake Saint George State Park, and Camp Caribou.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including Weeks Mills Baptist Church, Church of Nazarene, and Palermo Christian Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,447, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,500, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,430, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.59%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04358 has a very sparse population density of 85.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.79%.