Senior Living in 04359 (South Gardiner, ME)
- 04359 scores the same as the South Gardiner, ME average of 75.
- 04359 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04359 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Maine General Alzheimer\'s Care Center, Arbor Terrace, and C B Mattson.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Kennebec Heights Country Club, Cobbossee Colony Golf, and Augusta Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including City of Gardiner, Boys & Girls Club of America, and Peacock Beach State Park.
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Dunstan Wm Rev, Randolph United Methodist Church, and Randolph United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,658, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,611, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,001, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04359 has an average population density of 540.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.54%.