Senior Living in 04363 (Windsor, ME)
- 04363 scores the same as the Windsor, ME average of 78.
- 04363 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04363 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Togus Va Medical Center, Maine General Medical Center, and Augusta Mental Hlth Institute.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Manor , Maine Veterans\' Homes - Augusta, and Augusta Center for Health and Rehabilitation.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Shore Acres Golf Course at Sebasco Harbor Resort, Western View Golf Club, and Arrowhead/Indian Course at Natanis Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Green Valley Campground, Wavus Camps, and Calumet Playground.
- There are 80 churches nearby, including North Windsor Baptist Church, Transfiguration Hermitage, and Church of Nazarene.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,230, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,043, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,596, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.43%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04363 has a very sparse population density of 74.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.70%.