Senior Living in 04364 (Winthrop, ME)
- 04364 scores the same as the Winthrop, ME average of 71.
- 04364 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04364 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Winthrop Manor Long Term Care and Rehab Center, Heritage Rehabilitation and Living Center, and Balsam House.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Cobbossee Colony Golf, Augusta Country Club, and Kennebec Heights Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including More To Life Campground, The Birches Campground, and Beaver Brook Campground.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Congregational Church Ucc, East Winthrop Baptist Church, and United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,017, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,621, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,375, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.17%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04364 has a sparse population density of 197.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.48%.