Senior Living in 04406 (Abbot, ME)
- 04406 scores the same as the Abbot, ME average of 60.
- 04406 scores significantly lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04406 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Hibbard Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 5 golf courses nearby, including Piscataquis Country Club, Dexter Municipal Golf Club, and Todd Valley Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Balsam Woods Campground and Borestone Mountain Audubon Sanctuary).
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Monson United Church of Christ, Guilford United Methodist Chr, and Cambridge Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.66% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,955, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,667, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,576, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.10%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04406 has a very sparse population density of 9.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.79%.