Senior Living in 04412 (Brewer, ME)
- 04412 scores the same as the Brewer, ME average of 75.
- 04412 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04412 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Hospital, Eastern Maine Medical Center, and Acadia Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Common Sense Housing, Brewer Center For Health and Rehabilitation, and Burr Adult Residential Care Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 120 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Pine Hill Golf Club, Eighteen Course at Bangor Municipal Golf Course, and Hermon Meadow Golf Club & Training Center.
- There are 15 parks nearby, including Sherwood Forest Park, School Street Park, and Holden Family Campground.
- There are 43 churches nearby, including St Teresa\'s Catholic Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,464, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,080, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,242, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,576 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,040 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.70%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04412 has an average population density of 622.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.12%.