Senior Living in 04416 (Bucksport, ME)
- 04416 scores the same as the Bucksport, ME average of 72.
- 04416 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04416 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Avalon Village, Brewer Center For Health and Rehabilitation, and Common Sense Housing.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Bucksport Golf Club, Pine Hill Golf Club, and Lucerne Hills Golf Club.
- There are 13 parks nearby, including Great Pond Mountain Wildlands — Dead River Parcel, Shady Oaks Campground, and Fort Knox and the Penobscot Narrows Observatory.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Bucksport Church of God, Lighthouse Church of God, and Calvary Chapel.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,839, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,715, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,785, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.07%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04416 has a very sparse population density of 94.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.07%.