Senior Living in 04418 (Greenbush, ME)
- 04418 scores the same as the Greenbush, ME average of 55.
- 04418 scores significantly lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04418 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Bickmore Manor, Marsh Island Apartments, and Penobscot Terrace.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Hidden Meadows Golf Course, Penobscot Valley Country Club, and Green Valley Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Point Passadumkeag River Cabins, Sunkhaze Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, and Southgate Resort.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including United Baptist Church, St Ann\'s Rectory, and Alton Methodist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,738, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,544, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,742, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,576 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,040 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.54%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04418 has a very sparse population density of 12.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.75%.