Senior Living in 04429 (Holden, ME)
- 04429 scores the same as the Holden, ME average of 77.
- 04429 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04429 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Maine Coast Memorial Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Common Sense Housing, Brewer Center For Health and Rehabilitation, and Burr Adult Residential Care Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Woodland Terrace, Lucerne Hills Golf Club, and Felt Brook Golf Center.
- There are 13 parks nearby, including Red Barn Campground, Holden Family Campground, and Fields Pond Audubon Center and Nature Store.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Congregational Ch of Christ, St Teresa\'s Catholic Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,342, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,909, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,452, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.16%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04429 has a very sparse population density of 66.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.74%.