Senior Living in 04444 (Hampden, ME)
- 04444 scores the same as the Hampden, ME average of 70.
- 04444 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04444 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Avalon Village, Bangor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Westgate Center For Rehabilitation and Alzheimer\'s Care.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Hampden Country Club, Pine Hill Golf Club, and Eighteen Course at Bangor Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Pumpkin Patch RV Resort, Paul Bunyan Campground, and Pleasant Hill Campground.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, Church of Open Door, and Hampden Congregational Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,741, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,226, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,182, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,576 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,040 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.25%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04444 has a sparse population density of 127.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.51%.