Senior Living in 04449 (Hudson, ME)
- 04449 scores the same as the Hudson, ME average of 71.
- 04449 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04449 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Hospital, Eastern Maine Medical Center, and Acadia Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Crestwood Place, Winterberry Heights Assisted Living and Memory Care, and Orono Commons.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 105 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Kenduskeag Valley Golf Club, Hidden Meadows Golf Course, and Todd Valley Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Hirundo Wildlife Refuge, Sewall Park, and Pushaw Lake Campground.
- There are 45 churches nearby, including Hudson Baptist Church, Bradford Baptist Church, and St Ann\'s Rectory.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,036, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,446, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,991, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,576 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,040 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.72%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04449 has a very sparse population density of 39.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.12%.