Senior Living in 04456 (Levant, ME)
- 04456 scores the same as the Levant, ME average of 76.
- 04456 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04456 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Hospital, Eastern Maine Medical Center, and Acadia Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Crestwood Place, Winterberry Heights Assisted Living and Memory Care, and Sunbury Village.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 108 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Kenduskeag Valley Golf Club, Eighteen Course at Bangor Municipal Golf Course, and Hermon Meadow Golf Club & Training Center.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Pleasant Hill Campground, Pumpkin Patch RV Resort, and Stetson Shores Campground.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Harvest Chapel, Carmel Union Congregational, and Full Gospel Church of Exeter.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,844, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,943, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,876, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,576 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,040 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.76%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04456 has a very sparse population density of 94.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.48%.