Senior Living in 04469 (Orono, ME)
- 04469 has a SeniorScore® of 58, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Orono, ME.
- 04469 scores significantly lower than the Orono, ME average of 65.
- 04469 scores significantly lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04469 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Orono Commons, Penobscot Terrace, and Marsh Island Apartments.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There is 1 fire station in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Penobscot Valley Country Club, Eighteen Course at Bangor Municipal Golf Course, and Hermon Meadow Golf Club & Training Center.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Fay Hyland Botanical Garden and Jeremiah Colburn Natural Area).
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has a per capita income of $3,668, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,576 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,040 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.98%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04469 has a very dense population density of 11,211.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.