Senior Living in 04481 (Sebec, ME)
- 04481 scores the same as the Sebec, ME average of 68.
- 04481 scores the same as the Maine average of 68.
- 04481 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mayo Regional Hospital and Mayo Regional Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Hibbard Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including Piscataquis Country Club, Todd Valley Golf Club, and Dexter Municipal Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Bear Point Marina, Cabins and Campground, Peaks-Kenny State Park, and Junction.
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Church of Nazarene Study, Living Word Assembly of God, and United Baptist Church of Dover.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.66% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,883, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,361, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,925, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.80%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04481 has a very sparse population density of 18.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.56%.