Senior Living in 04489 (Stillwater, ME)
- 04489 scores the same as the Stillwater, ME average of 74.
- 04489 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04489 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Orono Commons, Penobscot Terrace, and Marsh Island Apartments.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Penobscot Valley Country Club, Hidden Meadows Golf Course, and Eighteen Course at Bangor Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks nearby, including Fay Hyland Botanical Garden, Jeremiah Colburn Natural Area, and Birmingham Funeral Home.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Orono United Methodist Church, Maine Christian Assn, and Church of Universal Fellowship.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,847, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $88,578, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,923, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,576 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,040 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04489 has an average population density of 975.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.