Senior Living in 04496 (Winterport, ME)
- 04496 scores the same as the Winterport, ME average of 66.
- 04496 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04496 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Avalon Village, Brewer Center For Health and Rehabilitation, and Bangor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Hampden Country Club, Pine Hill Golf Club, and Bucksport Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Fort Knox and the Penobscot Narrows Observatory)..
- There are 7 churches nearby, including Calvary Apostolic Church, United Methodist Church, and Church of Open Door.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.35% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,296, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,102, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,365, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.82%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 04496 has a sparse population density of 105.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.75%.