Senior Living in 04554 (New Harbor, ME)
- 04554 scores the same as the New Harbor, ME average of 73.
- 04554 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04554 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Andrews Hospital and St Andrews Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Round Pond Green, Boothbay Green, and The Gregory Wing At St. Andrews Village.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (56% of the total population).
- There are 7 golf courses nearby, including Wawenock Country Club, Boothbay Country Club, and Shore Acres Golf Course At Sebasco Harbor Resort.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Sherwood Forest Campsite & Cabins, Hardy Boat Cruises, and Rachael Carson Preserve.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including C E Reilly & Son, Christian Science Soc, and Boothbay Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,790, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,250, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,337, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04554 has a sparse population density of 165.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.11%.