Senior Living in 04556 (Edgecomb, ME)
- 04556 scores the same as the Edgecomb, ME average of 80.
- 04556 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04556 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Miles Memorial Hospital, Miles Memorial Hospital, and St Andrews Hospital.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Cove\'s Edge, Lincoln Home, and Boothbay Green.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Wawenock Country Club, Boothbay Country Club, and Bath Country Club.
- There are 11 parks nearby, including Fort Edgecomb State Historic Site, Shore Hills Campground, and Chewonki Campground.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Fellowship Chapel, St Philips Episcopal Church, and Midcoast Country Chapel-a Calvery Chapel Outreach.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,328, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,750, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,149, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.03%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04556 has a very sparse population density of 69.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.86%.