Senior Living in 04558 (Pemaquid, ME)
- 04558 scores the same as the Pemaquid, ME average of 80.
- 04558 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04558 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including St Andrews Hospital, St Andrews Hospital, and Miles Memorial Hospital.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Round Pond Green, Boothbay Green, and The Gregory Wing At St. Andrews Village.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (47% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Wawenock Country Club, Boothbay Country Club, and Bath Country Club.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Rachael Carson Preserve, Hardy Boat Cruises, and Sherwood Forest Campsite & Cabins.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including C E Reilly & Son, Baptist Paul & Lisa, and Lincoln, County Assembly of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $240,267, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $16,389, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $120,350, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.70%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04558 has a very sparse population density of 74.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.39%.