Senior Living in 04563 (Cushing, ME)
- 04563 scores the same as the Cushing, ME average of 74.
- 04563 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04563 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Miles Memorial Hospital and Miles Memorial Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Lucette Boarding Home, Progressive Housing, and Robin\'s Nest Boarding Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Rockland Golf Club, Samoset Resort, and Goose River Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Saltwater Farm Campground, Audubon Camp In Maine, and Lake Pemaquid Campground.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Advent Christian Church, Advent Christian Church, and Assembly of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,696, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,944, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,975, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.26%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04563 has a very sparse population density of 79.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.75%.