Senior Living in 04568 (South Bristol, ME)
- 04568 scores the same as the South Bristol, ME average of 81.
- 04568 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04568 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including St Andrews Hospital, St Andrews Hospital, and Miles Memorial Hospital.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Boothbay Green, The Gregory Wing At St. Andrews Village, and Round Pond Green.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (58% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Boothbay Country Club, Wawenock Country Club, and Bath Country Club.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Sherwood Forest Campsite & Cabins, Shore Hills Campground, and Hardy Boat Cruises.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Christian Science Soc, C E Reilly & Son, and Boothbay Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,089, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,375, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,546, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.48%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04568 has a very sparse population density of 78.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.89%.