Senior Living in 04572 (Waldoboro, ME)
- 04572 scores the same as the Waldoboro, ME average of 70.
- 04572 scores higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04572 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Miles Memorial Hospital and Miles Memorial Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Waldoboro Green, Progressive Housing, and Robin\'s Nest Boarding Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 15 golf courses nearby, including Rockland Golf Club, Wawenock Country Club, and Goose River Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Duck Puddle Campground, Lake Pemaquid Campground, and Wavus Camps.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Church of Nazarene, Waldoboro Word of Life Church, and Beardsley Joseph Rev.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.84% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,401, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,174, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,068, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.80%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04572 has a very sparse population density of 71.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.14%.