Senior Living in 04574 (Washington, ME)
- 04574 scores the same as the Washington, ME average of 64.
- 04574 scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- 04574 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Fullcircle Farm, Jefferson Green, and Seven Tree Manor.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Shore Acres Golf Course at Sebasco Harbor Resort, Northport Golf Club, and Northport Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Wavus Camps, Mic Mac Cove Family Campground, and Lake Saint George State Park.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Washington Village Church, Church of Nazarene, and South Liberty Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,824, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,167, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,121, which is in the top 63% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.83%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04574 has a very sparse population density of 39.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.60%.