Senior Living in 04579 (Woolwich, ME)
- 04579 scores the same as the Woolwich, ME average of 81.
- 04579 scores significantly higher than the Maine average of 68.
- 04579 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Mid Coast Hospital, St Andrews Hospital, and St Andrews Hospital.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Winship Green Center For Health and Rehabilitation, The Plant Memorial Home, and Sunnybrook Village.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 71 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Bath Country Club, Boothbay Country Club, and Wawenock Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Chewonki Campground, Fort Edgecomb State Historic Site, and Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.
- There are 51 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, North Woolwich Methodist Chr, and Fellowship Chapel.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.50%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maine has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.08%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,158, which is in the top 37% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,179, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,677, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $66,096 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,480 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $29,640 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.04%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 04579 has a very sparse population density of 87.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.05%.